President Carol Lango presided over the Annual Meeting and election of officers for the Ellison Bay Service Club held at the Liberty Grove Town Hall on Thursday, August 18.
At the meeting, president Lango announced that the 45th annual Olde Ellison Bay Days festival was the most successful in recent years, noting that the money raised would be invested in projects and activities that benefit the community and the local area.
During the four years since the Club’s inception, in addition to Olde Ellison Bay Days, these contributions have included:
- support of the Ellison Bay Little League team,
- donation of the town Christmas tree and annual chili supper,
- creation of a harbor “cairn” marker,
- establishment of environmental and beautification programs, including floral planters at the Ellison Bay ‘Welcome” sign on Hwy 42 and throughout town,
- refurbishment and re-dedication of the historic Niagara Escarpment Stone Monument in Ellison Bay Community Park.
The following people were elected to serve as officers of the Service Club during fiscal 2012: Kim Shumway, president; Faith Murray, vice president; Gary Kemp, treasurer and Donna Carlino, secretary. Jan Forkert, Lee Telfer and George Slight were re-elected as directors of the Club for fiscal 2012.
The Ellison Bay Service Club encourages and welcomes participation by seasonal as well as year ’round residents.