The Door County Visitor Bureau (DCVB) is hosting “On The Go” sessions, a series of meetings scheduled around the county over the next four weeks that provides the local Door community with an opportunity to meet staff members and other tourism representatives.
On the morning of March 26, members of the DCVB staff, a representative from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism and a representative from the Sister Bay Advancement Association were in Sister Bay to provide community members with a chance to meet and talk to a variety of tourism officials. In the afternoon, they were in Fish Creek and the group further included representatives of the Ephraim Business Council and the Fish Creek Civic Association. These meetings and sessions were open to the public and allow anyone to stop in without an appointment.
DCVB CEO Jack Moneypenny says that including representatives from the local community business associations (CBAs) ties in well with the partnership his organization has with the eleven local CBAs through the DCVB’s Strategic Community Partnership program. Representatives from all of the CBAs have been invited to attend the DCVB’s “On The Go” session that is in their immediate locality to share information with anyone who attends.
DCVB members are also encouraged to drop off their brochures at these events and staff can take them back to the Door County Welcome Center.
Seven more DCVB On The Go sessions are scheduled around the county through April 23, including:
- Wednesday April 3, 8:30 – 11:30 AM – Baileys Harbor Town Hall (2392 County F, Baileys Harbor)
- Wednesday April 3, 1:00 – 4:00 PM – Bertschinger Center in Egg Harbor (7860 Hwy 42, Egg Harbor)
- Wednesday April 10, 8:30 – 11:30 AM – Forestville Town Hall (7705 County H, Maplewood)
- Wednesday April 10, 1:30 – 4:30 PM – Egg Harbor Town Hall (5242 County I, near Carlsville)
- Tuesday April 16, 9:00 AM – 12:00 PM – Sturgeon Bay City Hall Community Room (421 Michigan St, Sturgeon Bay)
- Tuesday April 23, 9:00 – 11:30 AM – REC Center on Washington Island (1875 Main Rd)
- Tuesday April 23, 2:00 – 4:30 PM – Liberty Grove Town Hall (11161 Old Stage Rd, near Sister Bay)
In addition to DCVB staff and invited local CBA representatives being present, David Spiegelberg, a Regional Tourism Specialist from the Wisconsin Department of Tourism, will be on hand at his own table during the April 10 and April 23 sessions to discuss state related tourism issues and initiatives.
The DCVB is the official tourism marketing organization for the county whose mission is to generate incremental economic impact for the community by attracting visitors with strategies that ensure sustainable tourism.