Every household in the country will receive the 2010 census questionnaire in March of 2010.
There is confusion among some people about this as they are aware of Census employees going door-to-door in our area since last spring. These Census employees have been UPDATING address lists. Think about it; many residence addresses have changed, deleted and added in the last 10 years Below is the time-line of Census 2010 activities:!
- Spring – Fall 2009 Census employees go door-to-door to update address list nationwide. They are currently updating multiple residence dwellings.
- Fall 2009 Recruitment begins for census takers needed for peak workload in 2010.
- March 2010 Census questionnaires are mailed to households. People should be counted where they live and sleep most of the year.
- April 1, 2010 Census Day
- April – July 2010 Census takers visit households that did not return a questionnaire by mail.
- December 2010 By law, Census Bureau delivers population counts to President for apportionment.
- March 2011 By law, Census Bureau completes delivery of redistricting data to states.
Please watch for future Census 2010 updates!
If you would like the Door County Complete Count Committee to share information about the 2010 Census with your organization or business, please call the Jill Lau, Door County Clerk at 746-2200 or Stephanie Reinhardt, Sturgeon bay City Clerk at 746-2900 to schedule.