The League of Women Voters has a long history of helping voters get registered to vote.
This spring, LWV DC members will assist high school students, who turn 18 on or prior to the April 2 Election Day, in completing mail-in voter registration forms. In addition to students, any community members who have moved since the last election but who will reside at their current address for at least 28 days by Election Day are eligible to register with the mail-in form as well.
League members will be at each of the mainland Door County High Schools to distribute registration forms and stamped envelopes addressed to the appropriate town or village clerk, and to answer any questions people have about the registration forms and process.
A copy of the person’s current and valid WI driver’s license or other proof of residence must be mailed with the registration form to the clerk’s office up to 20 days prior to the election. Completed forms and copy of proof of residence can be mailed directly from each high school office in their out-going mail; a copy of the ID/proof of residence can be made at the high school.
The following documents constitute proof of residence if they contain the voter’s current and complete first and last name and residential address, and are valid on the day used to register to vote:
- A current and valid WI Driver License / WI ID Card
- Any other official identification card or license issued by a Wisconsin governmental body or unit
- An employee ID card with a photograph, but not a business card
- A real property tax bill or receipt for the current year or the year preceding the date of the election
- A residential lease (Does not count as proof of residence if elector submits form by mail)
- A picture ID or fee card from a university, college or technical college
- A utility bill for the period commencing not earlier than 90 days before the day registration is made
- A bank statement
- A paycheck
High school identification cards are not acceptable as proof of residence for voter registration.
Gibraltar High School – Lobby near the Lunch Room Monday, February 25 from 12:15 – 1:15 PM
Southern Door High School – HS Cafeteria, Tuesday, February 26 from 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM
Sevastopol High School – Lobby near the HS Office Wednesday, February 27 from 11:15 AM -12:15 PM
Sturgeon Bay High School – Front Lobby of HS Thursday, February 28 from 9:30 – 10:30 AM
If you have any questions about mail-in voter registration, please contact League Co-Presidents Shirley Senarighi at 920.743.1691 or Martha Beller at 920.256.0712, or email@example.com.