The Old Anderson House, centerpiece of the Sister Bay Historical Society’s Corner of the Past Museum, will close out it’s 15th year of operation on the weekend of September 24-25.
However, the grounds of the facility and the popular Saturday morning Farm Market will remain running through Saturday, October 8.
In addition, the Saturday Heritage Programs held in the Kossel Barn will continue for four more weeks. Featured artisans and their presentations include Mike Farmer with Native American flutes on the 17th, and Jeanne and David Aurelius and their pottery on the September 24. Claire Baack and Gen Follingstad will demonstrate Norwegian Hardanger embroidery on Saturday, October 1 and wood carver Gary Dooly will complete the season on October 8.
Although the 1875 farmhouse will not be open, the Museum’s grounds will remain accessible to the public, with 14 structures ranging from an historic barn to vintage resort cottages, cabins and other out-buildings available. A brochure featuring a self-guided map and background information on each building are available on site.
Group tours, lead by a Historical Society volunteer, may be arranged during the Fall season by contacting curator Roberta Kutlik at 854-9242 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Corner of the Past Museum is located on Hwy. 57 at its intersection with Fieldcrest Road and Country Lane, approximately 1 ½ mile southeast of downtown Sister Bay.